Where is my order package?
First, please check the status of your order package(s) with the tracking number(s) we provided. It’s in the shipping notification mail from us. The tracking number is starting with EN.
Before it depart from Japan, you can check it on Japan Post.
Once it arrived in your country and checked in, you can see the detailed status on the post office or the courier’s website of your country.
If delivery is taking a long time, it is often because the customs inspection is taking a long time in your country. In the longest cases, that can take more than two weeks. In some countries you will be contacted for payment of customs duties. Your package will be delivered after the duty is paid. Please do not miss the notification (email, phone call or delivery note) from them for the payment of the duty. Depending on the country and purchase price, there may be no duty charges*.
If your order has already cleared the custom more than one week ago and it is still not delivered, there may be the reasons for it;
- Delivery person can’t deliver because your address is not clear.
- Delivery person already left a notice (or they think they did) while you were out and they are waiting for contact from you.
- Your package is buried and forgotten among tons of other packages in their storage.
Either case, please inquire the post office or the courier with the tracking number as soon as possible. Your order package will be returned to us if it expires their storing term. Please note that we may ask you to pay extra for shipping when we send it back to you depending on the reason of the return.
Lost and Damaged
Please contact us if,
- Your item was sent by EMS and it has not been delivered to you within a month of our shipment despite you have contacted the post office for delivery.
- Your item was returned to us for some reason despite you have contacted the post office for delivery.
- Your order item arrives in a damaged condition (please send us a picture of it.). Since we opened our shop, thankfully we have never received any reports of futons or tatami mats being torn during delivery. We pack your orders very carefully. However, once we have had an incident where the package was soaking wet and stored for a long time in storage at a post office in a country, and the items became unusable.
Either case, we will file an investigation with Japan Post. We’d like to ask you to file a claim with your local post office as well. Please contact them with the tracking number, the invoice and if it’s a damage case, the photos of the package may be needed. If you do so and send us an email with copies of documents or other evidence that you have done so, we will be happy to send you a replacement as soon as possible. We appreciate your cooperation very much.
We would like to thank you for shopping at our store, despite the issues that can arise with international purchases. We will take responsibility to complete your order, please be assured.
*About custom duties
Depending on the country and purchase price, there may be no duty charges. For example, customers living in the U.S. are free from custom duty if the order amount is less than $800 (as of September 2020). Please contact your country’s authorities for further duty information. Alternatively, you can use a free web service such as “import duty calculator”, which will give you a rough idea of the charges. (We do not guarantee its accuracy.) We can also research it for your reference but the situation is always changing, it may not accurate.
In some countries, like the UK, there is a duty charge per package for multiple packages. We try to consolidate multiple orders, but large items such as bedding and tatami mats will be packaged individually because of the size restrictions on packages that Japan Post will accept.