Specification of use
Whenever FUTON TOKYO asks for personal information, the purposes for which it will be used are specified in advance, and use is restricted to those purposes. (If FUTON TOKYO should ever desire to use personal data for purposes other than those specified, it informs individuals of the additional purposes. All individuals may refuse to consent to use of their personal data for such additional purposes.)
Individuals who do not wish to provide FUTON TOKYO with personal data can withhold consent, though doing so may prevent access to certain services that FUTON TOKYO provides.
Non-Disclosure to Third Parties
In principle, FUTON TOKYO does not disclose or provide personal data to third parties, except in the following circumstances.
1. When express consent to do so is received from the person concerned.
2. When an inquiry concerning a product or service can be more appropriately handled by a FUTON TOKYO subsidiary or affiliate that is responsible for that product or service.
3. When FUTON TOKYO consigns such activities as promotional campaigns or competitions to other entities, in which cases personal data is covered by the terms of a non-disclosure agreement.
4. When it is necessary to complete settlement of payment for products ordered or services provided (e.g. providing information to financial institutions to facilitate credit card transactions, etc.)
5. When a judicial order or the like obliges FUTON TOKYO to disclose personal data.
6. When the business is succeeded to another entity by way of a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise.
Secure Management of Personal data
FUTON TOKYO manages personal data in an appropriate manner. Strict security measures ensure that personal data is securely saved and kept from loss, misuse or improper alteration.
Individuals who wish to confirm their personal data should contact the section responsible for the services where they input the information. FUTON TOKYO will provide the personal data that it has when it has confirmed that the individual making the inquiry is the person concerned. This restriction applies to prevent leakage of personal data to third parties. When personal data contains errors or needs to be updated, FUTON TOKYO will make the required changes, when it has confirmed that the individual making the request is the person concerned. This restriction applies to prevent leakage of personal data to third parties.